Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Stupid Seizures!

Since finding out I had Angelman Syndrome, we have been hoping and praying I never had seizures. But now...I do. The past couple of months have brought on seizures and they seem to be coming more and more often. Today I had my first seizure at school. I was so lucky that Miss Rita was there to catch me or else I would have hit my head on the sidewalk. My seizures are lasting only about five seconds but they are coming faster. It scares me when I have them. I know that it really scares Mom and Dad to. As much as we didn't want to, we decided to start seizure medicine today. I start off with just a half a dose for the first five nights and then start taking it every morning and night. Mom contacted one of the doctors in Boston who knows alot about Angelman Syndrome and seizures. They agreed with my neurologist at The Children's Hospital that keppra was a good medicine to start with. Now we are praying it makes the stupid seizures go away and that I don't have any side effects from the medicine. Please say a prayer for me when you read this.

No comments: