Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My First Bloody Nose!

Well...it happened...got my first bloody nose! And it only seems right that it happened on the basketball court! I was messing around at basketball camp when Mom and I went to see Dad. There was a funny lady in the stands that I was pretending to do the wave with. Right in the middle of the greatest wave ever, I lost my balance and did a face plant on the floor. As if that wasn't enough, my body decided to do some crazy jerks that made my face hit the floor a few more times! Mom didn't know little girls could have that much blood coming out of their nose and mouth! I made sure I didn't get the basketball court dirty by burying my face in Mom's shirt. By the time we got to Urgent Care, Mom looked like she needed medical attention to! Mom and I made quite the entrance into Urgent Care...enough of an impact that the doctor came right out to the waiting room to check me out! After a check by the doctor and lots of x-rays of my head and face, things started to look up a bit! The nurses made me a blow up glove balloon with a silly face and stickers on it...that REALLY made things okay. Mom had to wake me up every few hours throughout the night to make sure I was okay. The next night we went back to basketball camp and I saw the lady who was doing the wave with me. She gave me a cool talking puzzle and a stuffed Thunderwolf. Next time I think I'll do the sit down part of the wave and leave the arm lifts and standing to everyone else!

No comments: