Thursday, April 24, 2008

Forever Friends Festival

Today at preschool we had our Forever Friends Festival. In the morning, my friends and I decorated our playground with streamers and drew with chalk on the sidewalks. We made friendship necklaces and headbands. In the afternoon when our parents arrived, each class performed their favorite song. My class did the rap version of Humpty Dumpty in which my favorite line is "Now ain't that funky!" Then our parents all got up to dance with us! The most special part of the day was wishing good luck to our classmates who will be going to kindergarten next year. They all received diplomas and told us which kindergarten they will be going to. My friend Alejandro will be going to the same school that I'll go to in a year! How cool is that...I already have a friend at my new school and I haven't even been there yet! All of the rest of us got certificates of recognition for what we bring to the class. My award was for "outstanding achievement for being our 'cheerleader' in our classroom." The second most special part of the day was that we got to eat ice cream with sprinkles on it! I'm going to miss all of my friends who will be starting kindergarten in the fall.

No comments: