Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"Bob"

Alot of people wonder why my dog's name is "Bob" so I thought I would share this! Because of my Angelman Syndrome, I have just a few words I can say with my mouth. I say "with my mouth" because there are TONS of things I can say with my sounds, my expressions, my hands and my talker. One of the names I can say is "Bob." Mom and Dad knew this because I have an Uncle Bob and I learned how to say his name pretty quickly. So...because "Bob" was a name I could say...that's how my dog came to be named "Bob." Now here is the really funny part! At the same time I was getting my dog Bob, my Uncle Bob got a new puppy for Christmas. So...he named his dog "Emmet" So Emma's dog is Bob and Bob's dog is Emmet! Family reunions should be a hoot! You can check out my video of me saying "Bob." You can also see how patient Bob is with me. We do have a few bumps in our relationship since he is still a puppy and I'm still new at having a puppy. I always want Bob to give me kisses but Bob usually wants to show me how sharp his little puppy teeth are! And just in case you are wondering...here is Uncle Bob and Emmet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Delaney enjoyed watching Emma's video with Bob so much that she joined in saying "Bob". Actually Delaney's word sounds more like "bubba" which she uses for her brother Sean and her dog Buddy:) Emma is just too cute with Bob!!!