Sunday, July 27, 2008

These Legs Were Made for Walkin'!

I never posted about my walking a month ago when the grown ups finally figured out what was going on. I figured I might jinx myself...so here goes...hopefully a month of waiting to say anything cancels out any jinxs that might be out there! So anyway..they said I have patella femoral pain syndrome. Basically, my right knee cap doesn't stay where it's supposed to. Instead it tries to go to the outside of my leg. Yeah...you said it...OUCH! What do you do about it you ask...well, for a month I've been getting my knee cap taped into place every morning. Then I'm also doing exercises to strengthen the muscles that will make my knee cap stay in place. The very best part about it...I am walking so much better! Who wouldn't walk better if your knee cap stayed where it was supposed to! So here it is...no jinxs allowed..a video of me walking with my knee cap in the middle of my leg! Don't worry about the sideways video..it is kind of like my knee cap...it will straigten out once it starts!

No comments: