Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Angel Aunt Kristine


Today is my Angel Aunt Kristine's birthday. Mom and I went out to dinner together to celebrate her life. We call her my Angel Aunt because I never got to meet her. She died of cancer before I was born. My middle name...Kristine...is in honor of her. Aunt Kristine was my Mom's big sister and she misses her ALOT. Mom told Aunt Kristine that if Mom ever had a baby girl, she would be named after her. Before Aunt Kristine died she told Mom that she felt so proud knowing that a baby girl might be named after her. We visit Aunt Kristine's grave, write her notes and leave special gifts at her headstone. When I was just a newborn baby, Mom wrote this note that we took to Angel Aunt Kristine. Mom says that their prayers are being answered...I really do have many of Angel Aunt Kristine's qualities.

We chose for our little girl, a name so special because of you.
You are on our minds always and
through our memories you live forever in our hearts..
And now, through Emma Kristine, we honor you
and the way in which you lived your life.
We pray Emma Kristine will live her life with many of the qualities
that were visible in your life.

Love and commitment to her family and friends.
Laughter that comes easily to her and to those around her.
Genuine caring and sensitivity for all living things.
Appreciation for all life has to give – no matter how small or simple.
Courage and strength to tackle all that life hands her.

We miss you and are honored to have had you in our lives.

No comments: