Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Annual Texas Trip

Mom and I made my annual trip to Texas Children's Hospital. We flew on US Airways...compliments of Angel Flight. I love flying...especially the landing and take off parts. I laugh during those times and Mom prays! Dr. Peters and I played again this year so I could show her everything new I've learned over the past year. We played for over three hours! Don't know who was more tired...her or me! She said I was doing all kinds of new things that showed I'm ready for kindergarten! How exciting is that! Then after a quick lunch Mom and I talked with Dr. Bacino. He is always so nice! This is how nice he is...I insisted he be the one to help put my shoes, socks and orthotics back on...and he did it! Now how many doctors would help their patients get dressed like that after an exam! Then Mom talked with Ann, the nutritionist, about how I can become a lean, mean kindergartner. We all agreed to do some thyroid testing just to be sure I'm not up against something a little more challenging than a few extra calories! After a long day of meetings, Mom and I took a short nap then went out for a nice dinner to celebrate. You'll have to check out my video...you can see how I've gotten so grown up I can eat at restaurants that have cloth napkins to put on your lap!! To all my friends at Texas Children's Hospital...see you in a year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Emma. Sorry I missed you this year at Texas Children's Hospital. I thought about you and our "Jingle Bell" activities when I brought out my Christmas decorations. NOW do you remember who I am? You are getting to be such a big girl. I am so proud of you and your eagerness in learning new things. I don't think I could half the things you are doing if I were your age. WOW! How is school? How are Mom and Dad? I'm sure you are keeping them on their toes. We have to keep in touch with each other-me letting you know my new adventures and you letting me know your new adventures. Sherri