Thursday, January 17, 2008

Check Out What I Can Do Now!

Even though my walking comes and goes, I'm still learning all kinds of new things. Mom has been trying to teach me how to click my tongue on the roof of my mouth and also put my tongue up towards my nose. We think that if I learn these things it will help me be able to produce some new sounds...and maybe someday say some really cool words! How exciting would that be! You can check out my video of how I'm progressing on learning the new things to do with my tongue. I had just had my IV put in a little before the video so that's why I look a little rough.
Other things I've been learning is I can really use my spoon and fork much better. Mom and I went out to eat a few weeks ago and I was just amazing! Mom said she felt like she was out to eat with such a big girl! And when I write, I can make the letter "m" when Mommy or my teachers ask me to. Tonight I practiced picking out the letters "m" and "e." I'm saying so many new sounds and putting them together in alot of different ways. The other night I was saying "baba" for "basketball!" I'm also getting alot better at putting together my shape puzzles. Mom makes silly noises when I get one all put together so that makes it extra fun to practice the puzzles. Maybe I'll ask Mom to take a video of me doing my puzzles. But for now...Mom and I are celebrating that Dad's basketball team won tonight! Go Thunderwolves!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man Emma, I am sorry that the doctor's didn't come up with some good news for you about your walking. My family keeps you in our prayers!!

You are doing super duper cool things with your tongue, wow!!! Way to go!!

Donna said...

Emma, We are so sorry to hear the tests are offering no answers to your walking problems. But the new tongue tricks and your puzzle expertise is awesome! I hope soon I can do the same. You have my grandma seeing hope again once I get through this medication adjustment, so thank you. She needed your little pep me up video's more than you know. xoxo