Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Catching Up!

Whew...summer is FLYING by! Mostly because I've been keeping busy playing and having fun. Just to catch up, it started with our annual Memorial Day camping in South Dakota.
It was great seeing Grandma and Grandpa, aunts and uncles and all of my cousins. It always makes me wish even more that I lived closer to everyone so I don't have to wait so long to see them. I loved riding in the lady bug train that Uncle Charlie and Aunt Kathie brought. Even tried my hand at SD fishing. I like throwing out my pole (sometimes I take that very literal and Mom gets to go wading in the water). I haven't quite got it figured out that it takes more than two or three turns of the reel to bring the fish to shore. When it does final get there...usually on someone else's pole, I am the first to want to touch it. Aunt Michelle helped me brush up on my bean bag toss skills. I'm hoping when I get bigger I can join the Annual Bean Bag Tournament that is always a part of the weekend. Let's see...what else have I been up to?

Swimming at various places around Colorado. Mom and I went to Walsenburg to the water park. I love the water but only when it isn't unexpectedly splashing in my face...that trait I inherited from my Grandma Parke! I'm getting better at keeping my mouth closed in the swimming pool instead of trying to drink all the water...only problem is it makes me look like I'm the meanest swimmer in the water!



I'm hoping to get in alot more swimming, maybe a night of camping, maybe a trip to Grandma and Grandpa's house to ride the boat and tons of other things before kindergarten starts on August 24! Maybe I'll see you around!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emma,
Looks like you have had an exciting summer. Hope your knee is starting to feel better. We are excited to have you coming to kindergarten. See you in a few weeks!
Love, Mrs. Lombard