Friday, October 17, 2008

Busy Growing Up!


Wow...huge apologies for neglecting my blog the past couple of months but I have been so busy growing up since I turned five! I'll make a few posts just to catch you up on all I've been up to. My social calendar has been PACKED! Birthday parties, volleyball and football games, Teri Jo and Jed's wedding and just alot of messing around with Mom and Dad. I've also been busy trying to master some of the "big girl" skills like putting on my own orthotics and shoes (which I can do with some work...just not the two together!) And to celebrate my latest interest in shoes, I got some princess shoes...check'em out! I modeled them for Mom before going to bed. I put up a good princess fight to hopefully get to sleep in them but as Queen of the House...Mom overruled me! I love the clicking of my princess shoes on the hardwood floors but you gotta watch out...princess shoes on hardwood floors come out from under you without warning! Let's see...what other new skills can I tell you about? I've said a few more words that have been witnessed by everyone but Mom and Dad! Dad says it's because we already know I will be able to talk so there is no need to show off to us. I said "Emma" at school...my teachers and friends were super excited. At the volleyball game I told Kim, Nathan's mom, a couple of times that "I want" the ball. Another big girl thing I'm doing is using my potty sign more at home to tell Mom and Dad it is time to go. I've been having a few more accidents at school but I'm really trying to do this potty thing on my own - inlcuding pulling up my pants when I'm done - so I'm not asking for much help at school which sometimes gets me in a little trouble! I've been putting signs and gesture together in new and different ways that is helping me tell everyone my thoughts and opinions. I can now put alot more planned thoughts together...like this morning I got my little purse, told Mom I wanted to put money in it from my piggy bank and then told her I wanted to take it to preschool! How's that for growing up! I had a big girl night at the beauty salon...what do you think of me without curls? Yeah..that's what I thought...my curls are back! I have also become the head of Bed Making Patrol at our house! Each morning I insist all beds need to be made up as soon as everyone is out of them! Mom and Dad have no idea about where this skill was learned...certainly not from either one of them! Well...that's enough of bragging on myself! Let's move on to some of the other things I've been up to!

No comments: