Sunday, October 11, 2009

Roller Skating

So just under a couple of years ago, I tried out roller skating while at a friend's birthday party and I refused to even stand up on those silly shoes...walking is challenge enough without adding wheels into the mix! Well, today another friend had her birthday party there...and this time I DID IT! I started off a little slow...just walking around the rink with my walker...no roller skates. Even did a little limbo competition! Since Mom couldn't come out to the rink with me, (she won't wear those shoes with wheels on them either)I had to figure out the limbo all by myself and I did it! Mom said I had to go get in line...I did it! I had to wait my turn in line...I did it! I had to go underneath the limbo stick...I did it! I knew exactly what to do just by watching the other kids! And not only did I do it once...since I made it under the limbo stick, I went back to the end of the line and did it again..ALL BY MYSELF!

After pondering the roller skates...I gave them a try! It was a challenge but I worked on it for over 30 minutes! Not quite ready for the Olympic team yet, but with this amount of skill increase in only two tries...I would say the Olympics may not be just a pipe dream!

No comments: